ANALYSIS AND DESIGN OF DISTRIBUTED SYSTEM FOR MONITORING COMPUTER INFRASTRUCTURE MANAGEMENT BASED ON CLIENT/SERVER BY USING WINDOWS MANAGEMENT INSTRUMENTATION TECHNOLOGY
This research aims to analyze and develop a system for monitoring computer infrastructure management in real time (real-time monitoring). The developed system was a distributed system that would help IT Administrators work at the Center for Computing and Information Technology Faculty of Engineering Universitas Indonesia (CCIT FTUI) to monitor the computer infrastructure in real-time. The Real - time referred to system that was able to do direct monitoring to computer infrastructure, and quickly able to transmit data status of the device. Limitations of the current monitoring process was that the IT Administrator checks directly into the computer lab room if there were problems related to a computer or cable that was not connected from the computer system based on a report from teachers or students.
The developed monitoring system was a client/server based system that used network infrastructure so that the computer infrastructure could be optimally monitored. The modules used in this research are computer input and output modules, and installed applications or system services. This research is expected to be able to overcome the problems associated with computer infrastructure’s performance, conduct supervision and centralized control in helping the problems that often occur during learning process or examination.
Keywords: Monitoring, Computer Infrastructure Management, Distributed System, Computer Network, Real-time.
How to Cite
The proposed policy for journals that offer open access
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Copyright on any article is retained by the author(s).
- Author grant the journal, right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal’s published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
- The article and any associated published material is distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License