YOUTUBE USAGE PATTERN AMONG COMMUNICATION SCIENCE STUDENTS
Keywords:Affective motives, Cognitive motives, Usage patterns, Youtube.
AbstractThis study aims to determine the motives and patterns of using youtube among Communication science students. This research was conducted using quantitative methods. Data was collected online using a questionnaire created on Google Form. The questionnaire link was distributed using the crowdsourcing method using Whatsapp. The population of this study were students majoring in Communication Science, Faculty of Social and Political Sciences (FISIP), Makassar Islamic University. We have described both the cognitive motive and the affective motive. Second, we have calculated the value of the motive for both and found that the value of cognitive motive is slightly higher than the value of affective motive. This means that the cognitive motives and affective motives of students in using Youtube are quite balanced.
F. Faiqah, M. Nadjib and A. S. Amir, "Youtube Sebagai Sarana Komunikasi Bagi Komunitas Makassarvidgram," Kareba, pp. 259 -272, 2016.
H. Azizah, "Konten Kreatif Youtube Sebagai Sumber Penghasilan Ditinjau dari Etika Bisnis Islam (Studi Kasus Youtuber Kota Metro)," IAIN Metro, Lampung, 2020.
U. H. H. Suryani, E. Nugraheni and n. Zayad, "Pengaruh Penggunaan Video Online YouTube terhadap Kemampuan Keterampilan Klinik Dasar Mahasiswa Kedokteran Terkait Keterampilan Pewarnaan Gram," Raflesia, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 97-103, 2016.
Z. F. N. U. S. A. A. Nurhadi , U. Salamah and A. A. Yuniar, "MOTIF PENGGUNAAN YOUTUBESEBAGAI MEDIA INFORMASI KECANTIKAN GENERASI MILLENIAL," Jurnal Komunikasi dan Media , vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 170-190, 2020.
F. T. Samosir, D. N. Pitasari, n. Purwaka and P. E. Tjahjono, "The Effectiveness of Youtube as a Student Learning Media (Study at the Faculty of Social and Political Sciences, University of Bengkulu)," Record and Library Journal, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 81-91, 2018.
R. A. Rifhano and M. S. Abdurrahman, "Pengaruh Intensitas Mengakses Youtube Terhadap Aktivitas Belajar Mahasiswa Fakultas Ekonomi Bisnis Telkom University," Dialektika, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 13-21, 2018.
M. A. Wibawa and T. Pradekso , "Pengaruh Intensitas Menonton Channel Youtube Reza Octovian dan Pengawasan Orang Tua Terhadap Perilaku Agresif Yang Dilakukan Remaja Sekolah Menengah Pertama," Interaksi Online, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 307-311, 2018.
W. J. McGuire, Constructing Social Psychology: Creative and Critical Aspects, Cambridge University Press, 1999.
U. Sekaran, Research Methods for Business, New York : John Wiley and Sons Inc, 1992.
J. Chaplin, Kamus Lengkap Psikologi., Jakarta: PT Rajagrafindo Persada, 2009.
A. S. Reber, Kamus Psikologi., Yogyakarta: Pustaka Pelajar, 2010.
B. S. Sankarto and S. R. Andarwati, "Pemenuhan Kepuasan Penggunaan Internet Oleh Peneliti," Jurnal Perpustakaan Pertanian, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 10-17, 2005.
D. I. Luhsasi and A. Sadjiarto, "Youtube: Trobosan Media Pembelajaran Ekonomi Bagi," Jurnal Ekonomi Pendidikan dan Kewirausahaan, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 219-229, 2020.
R. Lestari, "Pengunaan Youtube Sebagai Media Pembelajaran," in Seminar Nasional Kedua Pendidikan Berkemajuan dan Menggembirakan, 2017.
M. Y. Kamhar and E. Lestari, "Pemanfaat Sosial Media Youtube Sebagai Media Pembelajaran Bahasa Indonesia DI Perguruan Tinggi," Inteligendi: Jurnal Ilmu Pendiddikan, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 1-7, 2019.
M. Iqbal, S. Latifah and n. Irwandani, "Channel Youtube Video Blog (Vlog) Development With Stem Approach As An Alternative Learning Media," Inovasi Pembangunan, vol. 7, no. 2, p. 135, 2019.
A. Mellyaningsih, "Motif Subscriber Menonton Channel Youtube Raditya Dika," JURNAL E-KOMUNIKASI, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 1-12, 2016.
T. Santoso, "Perilaku Kecanduan Permainan Internet dan Faktor Penyebabnya pada Siswa Kelas VIII di SMP Negeri 1 Jatisrono Kabupaten Wonogiri," Universitas Negeri Semarang, 2013.
How to Cite
The proposed policy for journals that offer open access
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Copyright on any article is retained by the author(s).
- Author grant the journal, right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal’s published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
- The article and any associated published material is distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License