THE ROLE OF SOCIAL MEDIA IN PROMOTING BULUKUMBA TOURISM
Keywords:Facebook, Instagram, Promotion, Social Media, BulukumbaTourism, Youtube
In connection with the growing development of the internet and its use, especially social media, it makes almost all aspects of life inseparable from it, including the tourism sector. This research examine the role of social media in developing tourism in Bulukumba. This study wanted to know whether social media had a role in promoting and providing information about tourism in Bulukumba. This study examines the role of social media in the promotion of tourism in Bulukumba using a quantitative approach. We collect data by surveying tourists using a questionnaire. In addition, we also observed official government social media accounts. The results showed that social media has a role in promoting tourism in Bulukumba. Second, the official social media accounts belonging to the Tourism Office seem to have no role in tourism promotion. This is due to poor management.
E. C. Agichtein, "Finding Hight Quality content in social media," in WSDM Conference, 2008.
P. Kotler, Manajemen Pemasaran, Jakarta: PT. Indeks, 2007.
Hootsuite, "Digital 2019," Hootshuite, Canada, 2019.
Susilawati, Mappamiring and Said, "Strategi Penembangan pariwisata pantai Bira sebagai sumber unggulan pendapatan asli daerrah kabupaten Bulukumba," Jurnal Administrasi Publik, pp. 351 - 366, 2016.
Fadli, "Perancangan Panduan Wisata Pantai Kabupaten Bulukumba," Universitas negeri Makassar, Makassar, 2018.
Machmuri, "Pengembangan ekonomi kreatif kawasan ammatoa sebagai penunjang daya tarik wisata," Jurnal ekonomi syariah, pp. 1-18, 2018.
Risnawati, "Studi pengembangan kawasan pantai tanah lemo sebagai pusat industri kapal Phinisi di kecamatan Bonto Bahari kabupaten Bulukumba," Plano Madani, pp. 61-69, 2015.
Haerul, "Peran humas dinas pariwisata dalam mempromosikan Objek Wisata Tanjung Bira," Universitas Negeri Makassar, Makassar, 2017.
N. Alam, "Bulukumba Tourism Promotion Strategy Through Social Media," BBPPKI Makassar, Makassar, 2018.
R. Marta, "Peran Media Sosial Dalam Mempromosikan Pariwisata Sumatera Barat," Jurnal Ranah Komunikasi, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 102-112, 2019.
D. S. Priambodo, "Peran Media Sosial Instagram Exploreponorogo Sebagai Sarana Promosi Pariwisata Di Kabupaten Ponorogo," Universitas Negeri Malang, Malang, 2019.
M. Faizal, M. Lucky and N. Rosmadi, "Peran Media Sosial Dalam Mempromosikan Destinasi," Ji@P, vol. 5, no. 2, p. 234, 2018.
M. R. Amin, "Penggunaan YouTube Sebagai Media Promosi Kawasan Wisata Mandeh di Kabupaten Pesisir Selatan," Universitas Andalas, Padang, 2016.
How to Cite
The proposed policy for journals that offer open access
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Copyright on any article is retained by the author(s).
- Author grant the journal, right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal’s published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
- The article and any associated published material is distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License