Main Article Content
The purpose of this study was to determine the effect of the convenience of non-cash transactions offered by mobile payment applications on the wasteful behavior of the people of Makassar city. Along with the increasing use of electronic money, this has changed the style of transactions in society. The new media referred to in this study is a mobile payment application. Judging from the development of the transaction model, people tend to choose the practical and easy one. The result of media technology has also contributed to changing the behavior patterns of new media consumption. The payment model has been transformed from cash to non-cash or digital, which the public can easily do. The ease of this transaction led to a change in consumption patterns to meet excessive needs, which led to a wasteful nature. By using a descriptive quantitative approach, researchers distributed questionnaires to 100 research samples. The results of processing the questionnaire data into primary and secondary data in this study are relevant literature studies. The results showed an influence between the ease of transactions using mobile payments and the wasteful behavior of the people of Makassar city.
The proposed policy for journals that offer open access
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Copyright on any article is retained by the author(s).
- Author grant the journal, right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal’s published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
- The article and any associated published material is distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License
Abdillah, W., & Hartono, J. (2015). Partial Least Square (PLS): alternatif structural equation modeling (SEM) dalam penelitian bisnis. Yogyakarta: Penerbit Andi, 22, 103–150.
Arsyad, M., Upe, A., & Jamil, R. (2018). Perilaku Konsumeris Pengunjung Mall Lippo Plaza Kota Kendari. Neo Society, 3 No 2.
Bank Indonesia. (2020). Bank Indonesia. Mei.
Barney, D. (2005). Communication Technology. In UBC Press. UBC Press.
Bungin, B. (2005). Metodologi penelitian kuantitatif. Jakarta: kencana.
de Mattos, C. N., Kim, H. S., Filomensky, T. Z., & Tavares, H. (2019). Development and validation of the compulsive-buying follow-up scale: A measure to assess treatment improvements in compulsive buying disorder. Psychiatry Research, 282, 112009.
Gabriel, Yiannis; Lang, T. (2015). The Unmanageable Consumer Third Edition. Sage Publications.
Hamilton, C. (2010). Consumerism, self-creation and prospects for a new ecological consciousness. Journal of Cleaner Production, 18(6), 571–575. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2009.09.013
Lai, S.-L., & Shu, L. H. (2014). Do-it-yourselfers as Lead users for Environmentally Conscious Behavior. Procedia CIRP, 15, 431–436. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.procir.2014.06.078
Lolowang, I. R. (2019). Pengaruh Persepsi Dan Preferensi Konsumen Terhadap Keputusan Pembelian Rumah Tipe Premium (Studi Pada Konsumen Kawanua Emerald City Akrland Manado. JURNAL RISET BISNIS DAN MANAJEMEN, 7(1).
McLeod, J. M., & Becker, L. B. (1981). The uses and gratifications approach. Handbook of Political Communication, 67–99.
Miftah, M., & Murtatik, S. (2020). Analisis Gaya Hidup dan Literasi Keuangan Terhadap Perilaku Mahasiswa dalam Cashless Society. Konferensi Riset Nasional Ekonomi, Manajemen, Dan Akuntansi I.
Müller, A., Claes, L., & Kyrios, M. (2021). Object attachment in buying-shopping disorder. Current Opinion in Psychology, 39, 115–120. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.copsyc.2020.08.019
Raharjo Jati, W. (2015). Less Cash Society: Menakar Mode Konsumerisme Baru Kelas Menengah Indonesia. Jurnal Sosioteknologi, 14(2), 102–112. https://doi.org/10.5614/sostek.itbj.2015.14.2.1
Rianto, P. (2016). Media baru, visi khalayak aktif dan urgensi literasi media. Jurnal Komunikasi Ikatan Sarjana Komunikasi Indonesia, 1(2), 90–96.
Sugiyono, P. D. (2017). Metode Penelitian Bisnis: Pendekatan Kuantitatif, Kualitatif, Kombinasi, dan R&D. Penerbit CV. Alfabeta: Bandung.
Wibisono, G. (2015). Media Baru dan Nasionalisme Anak Muda: Pengaruh Penggunaan Media Sosial ‘Good News From Indonesia’Terhadap Perilaku Nasionalisme. Jurnal Studi Pemuda, 6(2), 590–604.
Wida, P. A. M. W., Yasa, N. N. K., & Sukaatmadja, I. P. G. (2016). Aplikasi Model TAM (Technology Acceptance Model) Pada Perilaku Pengguna Instagram. Jurnal Ilmu Manajemen (JUIMA), 6(2).