Main Article Content
This study aims to get an overview of the development of Islamic Preaching through smartphones in the digital era. This study uses a qualitative method with a phenomenology design. This study examined the phenomenon of the booming of Preaching content on social media since Preaching through social media is currently in demand, as indicated by the emergence of a large number of the preacher, especially in Indonesia. The experience and motive of such phenomenon became the basis of this study’s analysis using phenomenological methods and Alfred Schutz’s theory. The results demonstrated a change in the Preaching of the preacher. The spirit of delivering Preaching (through writings) is based on two types of motives. First, individuals are eager (to) receive a blessing from Allah and be ‘ghirah.’ Second, the convenience and facilities available in smartphone technology have triggered the development of social media platforms that eventually support the delivery of Preaching.
The proposed policy for journals that offer open access
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Copyright on any article is retained by the author(s).
- Author grant the journal, right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal’s published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
- The article and any associated published material is distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License
Ardi, B. K., & Subchan. (2014). Peranan Perkembangan Aplikasi Smartphone. Jurnal Ekonomi Manajemen Akuntansi, 21(37).
Data Badan Pusat Statistik (BPS). (2021, January 21). Hasil Sensus Penduduk 2020. https://www.bps.go.id/pressrelease/2021/01/21/1854/hasil-sensus-penduduk-2020.html
Febrian, R., & Mahabarata, Y. (2020, April 3). Sejarah Ponsel Pertama di Dunia. Media Berita VOI (Voice Of Indonesia). https://voi.id/memori/4403/sejarah-ponsel-pertama-di-dunia
Goa, L. (2017). Perubahan Sosial Dalam Kehidupan Bermasyarakat. Jurnal SAPA , 2(2), 53–67.
Hamzah, A. (2020). Metode Penelitian Fenomenologi Kajian Filsafat & Ilmu Pengetahuan (N. A. Rahma, Ed.). Literasi Nusantara.
Harrison, D. (2005). The Sociology of Modernization and Development. In Social Forces (e-book edition, Issue 3). Oxford University Press (OUP). https://doi.org/10.2307/2579363
Husserl, Edmund. (1998). The Paris Lectures. Kluwer Academic Publishers.
Kemp, S., Kepios, Hootsuite, & We Are Social. (2021, February 11). DataReportal, Digital 2021 Indonesia. Kepios. https://datareportal.com/reports/digital-2021-indonesia
Kuiper, M. J. (2021). Da’wa, A global history of Islamic missionary thought and practice. Edinburgh University Press Ltd.
Martono, N. (2018). Sosiologi perubahan sosial : perpektif klasik, modern, posmodern dan poskolonial (Revision). Rajawali Pers.
Nisa, E. F. (2018). Creative and Lucrative Dawa: The Visual Culture of Instagram amongst Female Muslim Youth in Indonesia. In Asiascape: Digital Asia (Vol. 5, Issues 1–2, pp. 68–89). Brill Academic Publishers. https://doi.org/10.1163/22142312-12340085
Parsons, T. (1991). The Social System (B. S. Turner, Ed.). Routledge.
Poespowardojo, S. (1989). Strategi Kebudayaan: Suatu Pendekatan Filosofis (1st ed.). Gramedia.
Pusparisa, Y. (2020, September 15). Pengguna Smartphone diperkirakan Mencapai 89% Populasi pada 2025-Penetrasi Ponsel Pintar di Indonesia. Databoks.Katadata.Co.Id. https://databoks.katadata.co.id/datapublish/2020/09/15/pengguna-smartphone-diperkirakan-mencapai-89-populasi-pada-2025
Rosana, E. (2011). Modernisasi dan Perubahan Sosial. Jurnal TAPIs, 7(12).
Sakti, N. S. F. (2020). Moslem Social Media 4.0-Argumen Islam Terhadap Fenomena Sosial Media di Era Industri 4.0 (1st ed., Vol. 1). PT Elex Media Komputindo.
Septianingsih, A. (2020). Pandangan Hadits Tentang Bahayanya Hoax Dalam Lingkup Kehidupan.
Septyaningsi, H. (2020). Dakwah Bil Medsos.
Sobur, A. (2019). Filsafat Komunikasi, Tradisi dan Metode Fenomenologi (3rd ed.). PT. Remaja Rosda.
Wahyudi, A. (2015, October 2). Indonesia Raksasa Teknologi Digital Asia. Tempo.co. https://kolom.tempo.co/read/1001638/indonesia-raksasa-teknologi-digital-asia
Wardani, A. S. (2016, December 8). Menilik Perkembangan Smartphone dari Masa ke Masa.
Zamroni, M. (2009). Perkembangan Teknologi Komunikasi Dan Dampaknya Terhadap Kehidupan. Jurnal Dakwah, X(2), 195–211.