Publication Code of Ethics
The publication code of ethics of Jurnal IPTEK-KOM refers to Scientific Publication Code of Ethics (Peraturan Kepala LIPI No 5 Tahun 2014) on Scientific Publication Code of Ethics and Code of Conduct and Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editor which was issued by Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). Publication Code of Ethics aims to improve the quality of scientific journal and to support the implementation of publication ethical values, i.e., neutrality, fairness and honesty. Being neutral means being free from potential conflict of interest of the publication management. Being fair means providing the authors the right to claim his/her work. Being honest means being free from duplication, fabrications, falsification, and plagiarism in publication.
- Bridging readers and authors’ needs
- Striving to improve the publication quality continuously
- Promoting freedom of speech objectively
- Maintaining the integrity of academic track record of the authors
- Submitting corrections, clarifications, retractions and apologies if necessary
- Motivating authors to improve their work to meet the publication requirements.
- Being responsible to the writing style and format, whilst the content and any statements written in it is the responsibility of the authors
- Considering the values of novelty, originality, clarity, validity, and conformity with journal scope in selecting every manuscript
- Reviewing the suitability of proposed manuscripts for timely publication in accordance with the stylebook of the publication, based on scientific norms or according to established standards
- Encouraging the authors to improve their work by giving criticisms, suggestions, inputs and recommendations.
- Protecting the confidentiality of every author’s work by not publishing the corrections, suggestions and recommendations
- Reviewers can not review a manuscript involving him/herself, directly or indirectly
- Reviewing the substance of a manuscript, not the grammar or punctuation
- Ensuring the aspects of truthfullness, novelty, and originality; emphasizing the benefit of the paper for the development of science, technology, and innovation; understanding the impacts of the writing to the development of science
- Ensuring that a submitted manuscript has complied with scientific norms and journal publication standards that has been established
- Submitting his/her manuscript concisely and honestly, without any violations concerning duplications, fabrications, falsifications, and plagiarism in publication
- Being collectively responsible for the work and content of the manuscript comprising methods, analysis, calculation, and the details
- Immediately responding to the comments made by the reviewers and the editors profesionally and timely
- Informing to the editors if he/she wants to withdraw his/her manuscripts
- Respecting the wish from the publisher not to publish the research findings, be it an interview or other media, before publication by the publisher
- Ensuring that all individuals listed as authors should meet the criteria for authorship including the authorship order based on the credit for contribution and approval from all co-authors in multiauthored manuscript.
- Authors should assign Publication Ethics Statement and send it back to Jurnal IPTEK-KOM