PREDICTING PARTICIPANT COMPETENCE TEST RESULT USING MACHINE LEARNING APPROACH
Keywords:prediction model, random forest, data resampling, competency test, electronics operator
The 3in1 training for electronics operators aims to deliver competent participants. Therefore, it is necessary to improves the learning curriculum and materials. However, the organizer and teaching staff lack information about the factors that determined the success rate of participant's competence tests. Therefore, this paper aims to build a model for predicting participant competence test result. The data of participant's assessment scores were first collected and prepared as the dataset. The prediction model builds by applying a machine learning approach. These cover the use of ANOVA to ranked the course subjects towards the competency test results (C and NC) and build the prediction model using the Random Forest algorithm.
From the results, we found that the competency test results are more affected by the practical subjects rather than theory subjects. From the ANOVA results, the most significant practical subject is the screwing lesson, while for theory subject is 5S-Kaizen. The prediction model obtains an accuracy of 94,6% for 5-subjects and 91,9% for 8-subjects from the original dataset. However, from the precision rate, it was found that the oversampling and hybrid sampling dataset shown better results. This confirms that the resampling technique is working to solve the imbalanced dataset problem.
BDI Surabaya, 2019. Laporan Hasil Penyelenggaraan Diklat 3in1 Operator Elektronika Tahun 2019. Balai Diklat Industri Surabaya. Surabaya.
Breiman, L., 2001. Random forests. Machine learning 45, Halaman 5–32.
Hasibuan A., Supardi, Syah D. 2009. Pengantar Statistik Pendidikan. Gaung Persada Press. Jakarta.
Kemenperin, 2018. Making Indonesia 4.0. Kementerian Perindustrian RI. Jakarta.
Kemenakertrans, 2009. Penetapan SKKNI Sektor Industri Pengolahan Sub Sektor Industri Radio, Televisi, Dan Peralatan Komunikasi Serta Perlengkapannya Bidang Audio Video . Kementerian Tenaga Kerja dan Transmigrasi RI. Jakarta
Nurwitasari, Andriana. 2009. Analisis Hasil Klasifikasi CBA untuk data Imbalance. Thesis. Computer Science Departement. Institut Pertanian Bogor. Bogor.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2021 Journal of Information Technology and Its Utilization
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
The proposed policy for journals that offer open access
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Copyright on any article is retained by the author(s).
- Author grant the journal, right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal’s published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
- The article and any associated published material is distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License