Implementation of Collision Avoidance System Algorithm in NPC Game 3D
Keywords:Collision Avoidance System, Obstacle, Games
Nowadays, with the rapid development of technology, we are given the convenience of finding entertainment such as games. Now this game can be quickly run on various media, one of them is a smartphone. Most smartphones' operating systems (OS) are Android and IOS. Among the both of OS which is currently popular is Android. This research aims to create an Artificial Intelligent of Non-Player Character (NPC) that can avoid every obstacle using the Collision Avoidance System algorithm. The result of the research is an android game app that applies the Collision Avoidance System that can make AI NPC avoid obstacles. The application of the algorithm to the NPC is made in 3 stages, namely, design by making a flowchart of the algorithm, then writing a program from the Collision Avoidance System, and finally, testing the AI NPC. The test is carried out by comparing the reactions of NPC 1 and NPC 2 in passing through obstacles when on different paths by being carried out jointly between NPC. Based on the tests on AI NPC, NPC managed to avoid obstacles in front of them and the players, and it is almost 93% successful.
M. Ridhoi, CARA MUDAH MEMBUAT GAME EDUKASI Dengan Contruct 2. Maskha, 2018. Diakses: 11 Juni 2022. [Daring]. Tersedia pada: http://archive.org/details/CARAMUDAHMEMBUATGAMEEDUKASIDenganContruct2
I. Y. Supardi, Semua Bisa Menjadi Programmer Android Case study. Elex Media Komputindo, 2014. [Daring]. Tersedia pada: https://books.google.co.id/books?id=ouVyDwAAQBAJ
I. Umarov dan M. Mozgovoy, “Believable and Effective AI Agents in Virtual Worlds: Current State and Future Perspectives,” Int. J. Gaming Comput.-Mediat. Simul., vol. 4, no. 2, hlm. 37–59, Apr 2012, doi: 10.4018/jgcms.2012040103.
C. W. Reynolds dan others, “Steering behaviors for autonomous characters,” dalam Game developers conference, 1999, vol. 1999, hlm. 763–782.
A. Candra, M. A. Budiman, dan R. I. Pohan, “Application of A-Star Algorithm on Pathfinding Game,” dalam Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 2021, vol. 1898, no. 1, hlm. 012047.
E. B. Aydoğan dan Y. Atay, “Unity Based A* Algorithm Used in Shortest Path Finding Problem for Helicopters,” dalam 2021 International Conference on Control, Automation and Diagnosis (ICCAD), 2021, hlm. 1–5.
X. Cui dan H. Shi, “A*-based Pathfinding in Modern Computer Games,” IJCSNS, vol. 11, no. 1, hlm. 125, 2011.
Risald, A. E. Mirino, dan Suyoto, “Best routes selection using Dijkstra and Floyd-Warshall algorithm,” dalam 2017 11th International Conference on Information & Communication Technology and System (ICTS), 2017, hlm. 155–158. doi: 10.1109/ICTS.2017.8265662.
X. CAO, X. LI, X. WEI, S. LI, M. HUANG, dan D. LI, “Dynamic programming of emergency evacuation path based on Dijkstra-ACO hybrid algorithm,” 电子与信息学报, vol. 42, no. 6, hlm. 1502–1509, 2020.
F. Bevilacqua, “Understanding steering behaviors,” Envotatotuts Envato Pty Ltd, 2012.
A. S. Milak, E. W. Hidayat, dan A. P. Aldya, “Penerapan Artificial Intelligence pada Non Player Character Menggunakan Algoritma Collision Avoidance System dan Random Number Generator pada Game 2D ‘Balap Egrang,’” J. Teknol. Inf. Dan Ilmu Komput., vol. 7, no. 5, Art. no. 5, Okt 2020, doi: 10.25126/jtiik.2020711816.
How to Cite
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
The proposed policy for journals that offer open access
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Copyright on any article is retained by the author(s).
- Author grant the journal, right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal’s published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
- The article and any associated published material is distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License