PENGEMBANGAN MODEL PENDIDIKAN INTERNET LITERACY PADA ANAK MELALUI PEMBENTUKAN KELOMPOK TEMAN SEBAYA (PEER GROUP)
Main Article Content
The use of the internet among children and adolescents is now unavoidable. The pandemic situation that hit Indonesia in early 2020 also had an impact on increasing ownership and use of internet-based media among children and adolescents. The problem is the limitations of parents in accompanying children to access the internet make parents unable to provide maximum protection for children in facing online risks and dangers. Children also cannot use their parents as a reference when they experience problems using the internet. Friends and siblings then become the child's main point of reference when looking for internet-related information. Starting from this condition, peer groups have great potential to be used as agents of internet literacy education for children. By using descriptive qualitative research methods supported by surveys and FGDs as data collection techniques, this study was conducted to obtain a model for developing literacy education in children through the formation of peer groups. The results showed that middle school age children had a high intensity of online media use, namely on average above 5 hours a day, they also had sufficient technical skills in accessing online media so that they could share knowledge among friends and other family members. It takes the role of schools and the media literacy community to be able to equip children with adequate media literacy education so that they can spread their knowledge to the people around them.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Author (s) hold copyrights and retain copyrights of articles if the article is accepted for publishing.
- Author grant the journal, right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal’s published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
- The article and any associated published material is distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Public allowed to Share (copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format) and Adapt (remix, transform, and build upon the material) this journal article content.
Arikunto, S. (1993). Prosedur Penelitian Suatu Pendekatan Praktek. Jakarta: Rineka Cipta
Dhahir, DF. (2018). “Internet Parenting upon Indonesian Children”. Jurnal Pekommas, Vol. 3(2). Hal. 169–178. https://doi.org/10.30818/jpkm.2018.203 0206
_________. (2019) “Rancangan Strategi Kementerian Kominfo Republik Indonesia Dalam Upaya Mengurangi Kesenjangan Digital”. Jurnal PIKOM. Vol. 20 (2) 2019. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.31346/jpikom.v20i2.2235
Livingstone, S. (2013). “Online Risk, Harm and Vulnerability: Reflections on the Evidence Base for Child Internet Safety Policy” dalam ZER Vol. 18. No. 35. Hal. 13-28. ISSN: 1137-1102
Setiansah, M. Prastyanti, S. dan Pangestuti, S. (2013). “Pengembangan Model Ketahanan Sosial Masyarakat Terhadap Dampak Media Massa Melalui Pemberdayaan PKK sebagai Agen Media Literacy di Kabupaten Banyumas” Jurnal Acta Diurna. Vol. 9 No 2. 2013
Setiansah, M. (2015). “Pemaknaan Smartphone oleh Perempuan Urban, Interseksi Gender, Kelas dan Agama”. Disertasi. Yogyakarta: Universitas Gadjah Mada
Setiansah, M. Novianti, W. Istiyanto, SB. (2019). “Literasi Media Digital Berbasis Individual Competence Framework Pada Keluarga Buruh Migran Anggota Paguyuban Seruni Kabupaten Banyumas”. Jurnal Acta Diurna. Vol. 15 (1). Hal. 17-28
Setiansah, M., Pangestuti, Dwi., Pangestuti, Sri., (2019). “Melindungi Anak Digital Natives Melalui Pendidikan Literasi Media Berbasis Keluarga”. Jurnal LPPM Unsoed. Vol. 9 (1). 2019.
Staksrud, E dan Livingstone, S. (2009). “Children and Online Risk: Powerless Victims or Resourceful Participants?” dalam Information, Communication, Society, No. 12. Vol. 3 ISSN: 1369-118X
Ybarra, Michele L. MPH, Ph.D dan Mitchell, Kimberly J, Ph.D. (2005). “Exposure to Internet Pornography among Children and Adolescents. A National Survey.” Cyberpsychology & Behavior. Vol. 8. No. 5.